Notes for Democafe meeting
2-4pm on Sat 19th March 2016 – at The Forge – in progress
Apologies: Mary (in Totnes)
1. NOTES of the last meeting held on Saturday 5th March 2016
2. MATTERS ARISING from the NOTES other than on the agenda.
3. EVENTS LISTINGS:
• DemoCafe Events Listings: http://www.democafe.uk/events/
• Global Table: http://globaltable.org.uk/wp/forthcoming-events
• Occupy Economics Working Group: events listing http://occupylondon.org.uk/events/
• Momentum: http://www.peoplesmomentum.com/calendar
• Pathways Network: http://www.pathwaysnetwork.co.uk/meetings.htm
• Positive Money: Events Calendar search 500 miles of London
• 38 DEGREES: Current Campaigns: https://home.38degrees.org.uk
• FREE CRITICAL THINKING: Daily Pickings, edited by Clive Menzies: Feb 12th: What you won’t see in the media today, Feb 13th: The State Within The State, Feb 14th: Gas for Oil, and currency implications, Feb 15th: Newsbud – new hope for alternative news, Feb 16th: Israel: Definitive Rogue State, Feb 17th: Syria, The Final Act Begins, Feb 18th: Have Rothschilds lost their hold on Russia?, Feb 19th: To arrive at peace, we need truth, Feb 20th: Self-help and cocreation for survival and to thrive, Feb 21st: Snapshot of work-in-progress, Feb 22nd: We will rock you!, Feb 23rd: How to win friends and influence people, Feb 24th: Ideology, change and Brexit – all links go to pages on: www.freecriticalthinking.org
• ICUK (Constitutionalists): Meeting to be held on Wed 9th March.
• LGOT: London Global Open Table: “Matters in the Air” are circulated in advance, providing background information for the weekly open meetings on Wednesdays 12noon to 2pm: http://globaltable.org.uk/wp/
• LONDON MAYORAL CAMPAIGN – request for volunteers to support Sadiq Khan’s campaign: www.sadiq.london/volunteer
• POLITICS & SPIRIT: The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination – Defending the Zad: https://labofii.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/defending-the-zad-a-new-little-book-about-the-struggle-against-the-airport-and-its-world/
• THE RUNNYMEDE GAZETTE: a Journal of the Democratic Resistance, produced by Frank Taylor and now in its seventh year, the February 2016 edition is now available, covering: EDITORIAL – THE PROPHET REVEALED • ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF SELECTIONS OF PRACTICAL IDEALISM (PRAKTISCHER IDEALISMUS) – Count Richard Nicolaus Coudenhove-Kalergi; via Balder Blog • RICHARD NIKOLAUS VON COUDENHOVE-KALERGI – Wikipedia • THE COUDENHOVE-KALERGI PLAN – THE GENOCIDE OF THE PEOPLES OF EUROPE – (Excerpts) Identità News Team • TACKLING THE EU EMPIRE: A HANDBOOK FOR EUROPE’S DEMOCRATS, WHETHER ON THE POLITICAL RIGHT, LEFT OR CENTRE – The Bruges Group • WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD? – Prof. Dr. Mujahid Kamran; Global Research; New Dawn Magazine • 12 METHODS TO UNPLUG FROM THE MATRIX – Phillip J. Watt; Waking Times; via Libertarian Alliance Blog • GETTING THE IDEA OF GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL AUTHORITY OUT OF YOUR MIND – Makia Freeman; Activist Post • “NEGATIVE” INTEREST RATES AND THE WAR ON CASH – Liquidity Watch; Prof. Richard A. Werner; Rawjapan; via Critical Thinking • GERMANY JOINS TREND TOWARD CASHLESS SOCIETY: “CASH CONTROLS” BAN TRANSACTIONS OVER €5,000, €500 EURO NOTE – Tyler Durden; Activist Post • THE COLLAPSE OF THE TOO BIG TO FAIL BANKS IN EUROPE IS HERE – Michael Snyder; Activist Post. See http://globaltable.org.uk/wp/links/newsletters/runnymede-gazette.
• GREG PALAST: Previous of new film The Greatest Democracy Money can Buy – see latest newsletter: Who Hatched Rubio: http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=33e4ec877eed6a43863a4a92e&id=be1dcacb0d&e=69f91a05f1
5. Discussion Topics
6.1 Housing Event 20th February 2016:
Report of this event: http://www.quaker.org.uk/events/housing-and-inequality-what-canst-thou-do – see papers uploaded on previous posting.
5.2 “Meet where you are” – Recruiting new Democafeteers.
Consideration of the idea, which originated from the Runnymede Project’s idea about setting up local “lodges”, that we should seek to collaborate directly in extending the DemoCafe project to other areas of the country, by linking to Runnymede Gazette, and other sources of information, which might form a backdrop to consideration of local concerns. Linking out to other organisations might encourage them to propagate details of a common “agenda” to their own organisations.
7. NEXT MEETING:
to be held on Sat 26th March on the steps of St Paul’s Cathedral at 12noon, in solidarity with Occupy Economics Working Group and CCMJ members – we aim to produce a draft agenda in advance and invite all readers to suggest additional items by email and/or let us know about local meetings they have held and/or to send apologies for the Camden meeting to email@example.com.